Dr. Hong Soo Wan
Dr Hong was awarded a Local Merit Scholarship to study Medicine in the National University of Singapore, Faculty of Medicine in 1981 and graduated in 1986. After graduation he continued with further study and training in general surgery. He obtained his post-graduate fellowship from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom in 1992. After completing his basis surgical training, he did further specialty training in Plastic Surgery.
To further reinforce his subspecialty interest and plastic surgery training, he did a year of fellowship in a Regional Plastic and Reconstructive Centre in London in 1996 with emphasis on the development of reconstructive microsurgery and auricular or external ear reconstruction. He was enrolled as a fellow in the Academy of Medicine in 1998 as a Plastic Surgeon and registered with the Ministry of Health Specialist Registry as an Accredited Plastic Surgeon.
His interest in aesthetic and cosmetic surgery of the face includes blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, otoplasty and facelift. He performs liposuction, lipectomy and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) for body contouring. His subspecialty interest in reconstructive surgery focuses on breast reconstruction, microtia reconstruction and scar treatment.
Although in private practice, he continues to be involved in teaching in various public hospitals and has been appointed visiting consultant in Singapore General Hospital, National University Hospital and KK Women and Children’s Hospital.
He has travelled to Myanmmar on many occasions as a volunteer surgeon in a specialist medical mission team since 2000 to provide services to needy patients as well as to teaching to the local doctors.
Dr Hong is a member of:
- Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Singapore Society for Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgery
- Society for Laser Surgery and Medicine, Singapore
- - Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Wrinkles & Facial Contouring
- - Collagen / Filler Injection for Facial Contouring
- - Intense Pulsed Light for Skin Rejuvenation
- - Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels
- - Thermage for Facial Rejuvenation
- - Removal of Mole, Milia, Syringoma & Skin Lesions
- - Removal of Skin Pigmentations, Freckles & Keratosis
- - Removal of Eyebrow & Body Tattoos
- - Treatment of Broken Veins & Varicose Veins
- - Permanent Laser Hair Removal
- - Laser Resurfacing for Wrinkles & Acne scars
- - Double Eyelid Surgery (Stitch / Laser)
- - Removal of Eye-bags (Laser / Transconjunctival)
- - Nose Surgery
- - Chin Surgery
- - Facelifts
- - Pin-back of Prominent Ears
- - Body Contouring With Liposuction
- - Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck
- - Breast Augmentation & Reduction, Mastopexy
- - Liposuction Abdomen / Lower Lipectomy
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- - Treatment of Common Skin Lesions
- - Burns, Scars & Keloid Treatment
- - Cleft Lip & Palate
- - Congenital Ear Reconstruction
- - Facial Palsy Correction
- - Breast Reconstruction with Implant / Flap
- - Facial Trauma & Fracture Fixation
- - Flap Reconstruction & Microsurgery
- - Hand Surgery